Check back for more office furnishing, design and space planning tips and trends from the most trustworthy professionals. We at Gregory Grier are committed to your work place's well-being, productivity and satisfaction.
“Do not talk to me before I’ve had my morning coffee.”
We’ve all heard that statement from our co-workers because coffee is the driving force of many people’s busy mornings. If you are coffee-dependent, but are tired of putting caffeine into your body everyday, whether that be because of health reasons or you just want to mix up your regular morning routine, it may be time to try out some of these alternatives:
1) Eat an Apple. If you put an apple in the fridge before you go to bed, you will wake up and have a nice, crisp, cold apple to bite into in the morning. Apples contain natural sugars and other carbohydrates that can kickstart your body for the rest of the day. Not only will apples help to stabilize your blood sugar, but they will also give you a refreshing taste in your mouth.
2) Take a Cold Shower. Nothing is worse than leaving your warm and cozy bed in the morning, but the faster you get out of bed and jump into a shower, the more ready you will feel to get your day started. Joel Runyon from the popular health blog, Impossible, wrote a blog on the extra health benefits of cold showers one of them being increased energy. Joel claims that a cold shower gives you the type of energy even the best cup of coffee cannot compete with.
3) Make a Soundtrack. Creating a playlist of your favorite music is the best way to set a positive mood. Using iTunes or Spotify, create a “Morning” playlist that will get you out of bed and ready to take on the day. Need a suggestion? No one can resist a smile when listening to “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves.
4) Workout. It seems like a wild idea, but if you’re able to discipline yourself and wake up an extra hour early, working out can be extremely beneficial. It gets your blood pumping, heart beating and gives you a sense of accomplishment whether it was finally finishing that mile in less than 20 minutes or being able to lift heavier weights.
5) Drink Tea. For those of you who truly just need a cup of something hot in the morning, try tea. While it still contains some caffeine, it is considerably less caffeinated and can strengthen your immune system. On top of it, there is a wide variety of teas to choose from, such as black, green or white.
Trying out some of these options is a great way to spice up the morning routine and help shake that caffeine habit.